Here are instructions for running a wired Speed Test (also available at https://sailinternet.com/speedtest with additional illustrations and explanations):
- Restart your router and other devices. As simple as it sounds, restarting your equipment is a good first step. Unplug your Router (and PoE power device — if you have one), and reboot your computer. Count to 10, then turn everything back on. This will often resolve issues — especially after a power outage.
- First, select your computer to test. Use a newer model desktop or laptop computer. Older hardware may slow your speeds. Don’t use a mobile phone or tablet.
- For Condos and Apartments. Your router's WAN port should be connected to the Sail outlet. Connect your router to your computer. Plug an Ethernet cable from your router’s LAN port to your computer.
- For Single Family Homes and Businesses. Your router's WAN port should be connected to the PoE power device. Connect your router to your computer. Plug an Ethernet cable from your router’s LAN port to your computer.
- Download the Ookla Speedtest™ App for your computer (not the mobile app for phones) at the Apple App Store (Apple/OSX) or Microsoft App Store (Microsoft/Windows). The App is more reliable than using your browser and it will auto-select a server to test your connection. Now, you can run a “wired” speed test. Be sure to turn off your Wi-Fi on your computer prior to starting your speed test. If your speeds are still slow, try connecting to other local servers such as “Mimosa Santa Clara, CA.” Test again with other servers. Some servers create a bottleneck at the high speeds offered by Sail Internet. A wired speed test can diagnose more than just speed issues! We want to see your results.
- Send your results to us. Email your results to SailSupport@sailinternet.com. Rest assured, we will get your internet connection back on track. If necessary, we will send a technician to your home to resolve the issue.